Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to the digital running challenge (“Competition”) organized by ASICS Middle East Trading LLC in partnership with Sun & Sand Sports (collectively, “ASICS”).
2. By entering the Competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions which may be communicated to the entrants via email or other communication channels (“Competition Information”). Such Competition Information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any Competition Information.
3. ASICS reserves the right to cancel or amend any Competition, Competition Information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Competition Information or these terms and conditions.
4. The Competition start at 12:00:00 a.m. GTM+4 on the indicated start date and end at 11:59:00 p.m. GTM+4 on the indicated end date or the last day of the month, as applicable.
1. The Competition is open to entrants who are at least 18 years old and are either citizens of the United Arab Emirates (“UAE”) or UAE residents holding a valid residence visa. ASICS may ask Competition and Additional Challenges winners for proof of UAE citizenship and/or residence and if a Competition winner is unable to provide sufficient supporting documentation to ASICS’ reasonable satisfaction, ASICS reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
2. The Competition takes place from January 18, 2020 to May 2, 2020 (“Duration of the Competition”). Entry to the Competition is available throughout the Duration of the Competition. Entry to the Competition may only be made by completing the registration process on ASICS’ Run & Win homepage at https://runandwin.ea (“Competition Website”) as follows:
a. creating an individual profile by registering as a user by either (i) getting authorization via valid Facebook login credentials, (ii) getting authorization via valid Google login credentials, or (iii) submitting and confirming a valid email address (“Competition Profile”);
b. completing the registration by answering a number of questions and providing certain information, including, but not limited to, name, address, nationality, date of birth, gender, whether the entrant belongs to a running club or a gym, and phone number.
3. By entering the Competition entrants warrant that the information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Upon providing the required information and receiving an email confirming the registration for the Competition, entrants will be considered Competition participants.
5. Neither ASICS/SSS nor their respective affiliates and representatives will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
6. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, or not received by ASICS will be void. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants, or the operation of any part of the Competition or any Additional Challenges, network or phone system, the decision of ASICS shall be final.
1. During the registration, entrants will be required to choose 1 of 4 running goals and get training plan for the Duration of Competition: (a) first 10k plan; (b) fast 10k plan; (c) first 42k plan; (d) fast 42k plan (each a “Goal” and collectively, “Goals”). Additionally, each month the participants will be able to take part in interim challenges (“Additional Challenges”). The participants may choose to take part in Extra (“Extra Challenges”) and Additional Challenges only, (except for “The fastest runner” and “The endurance runner”) without selecting a Goal for the Competition.
2. The Competition involve performing the workouts according to the training plan within a selected Goal and swapping the kilometers that participants run during such workouts for points.
3. In order to earn points the participants must (i) follow the workouts in the training plan within their selected Goal or perform the tasks as required by an Extra Challenges; (ii) track the completion of the workouts via Google Fit or Strava application (or any other application that has the capability of transferring data into Google Fit or Strava applications); (iii) upload the completed workouts from the Google Fit or Strava applications to their Competition Profile.
4. In order to link the Google Fit or Strava account to the Competition Profile, a participant should: (i) log in their Competition Profile on the Competition Website and click on the Google Fit or Strava icon; (ii) log in Google or Strava account. The system will link their Google Fit or Strava profile to their Competition Profile.
5. Each training plan within a selected Goal includes 3-4 workout sessions per week and will be presented to each participant through their Competition Profile each week. Competition participants get 2 points for each completed workout session matching their selected Goal. In addition, the participants get 10 points for each kilometer they run during a workout tracked by Google Fit or Strava application. A participant will not get points for kilometres run if the duration of a given workout is less than the timing requirements of the Goal’s training plan. Every workout has a time limit. The participant can get points only for the kilometers that they run during such pre-established time limit.
6. Competition participants can also be eligible to earn extra points by performing specific tasks as set forth below.
7. The participants must download Google Fit or Strava application and connect their Google Fit or Strava account to their Competition Profile. The participants then must track their workouts using the Google Fit or Strava app (or a device which is connected to the Google Fit or Strava app).
8. After the completion of a workout the participants must upload their tracked workout from the Google Fit or Strava app to their Competition Profile or their tracked workouts will be uploaded automatically each Sunday in which case and participants will be required to confirm their weekly workouts on the Competition Website.
9. The workouts performed within the same calendar day shall not be taken into account for the purposes of the Competition. During a given week within the training plan, the participants can upload the workouts without indicating the date when the workout has been performed. The number of workouts in a week is limited in each training plan per selected Goal.
Changing the Selected Goal
10. The participants have a one-time right to change the selected Goal by sending a request to the Competition moderator indicated on the Competition Website and/or the participant’s Competition Profile explaining the reasons for the change request. The participants can change the initially selected Goal to any other Goal or elect to train without a Goal.
11. The moderator decides whether to approve the change request by reviewing the workouts data uploaded by the participant to their Competition profile. ASICS reserves the right to deny any change request without explaining the reasons.
12. If the change request is approved and the participant changes the Goal the points earned for the workouts uploaded to their Competition Profile prior to the date of the Goal change shall be cancelled. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the participant may re-upload the results of the workouts that meet the requirements of the training plan of the newly selected Goal and get points for such re-uploaded data.
13. The participant assumes all risks and consequences associated with the Goal change.
14. Throughout the Duration of Competition, the participants are also eligible to earn extra points by performing the Extra Challenges:
(i) Invite your friends to run.
The participants can invite their friends to enter the Competition by providing them with a personal link. A participant will get 7 points for each new invited friend only if such invitee has successfully entered the Competition by completing the registration process as set forth in these terms and conditions, linked their Google Fit or Strava account to the Competition Profile and uploaded at least one workout performed in accordance with their selected Goal. One invitee cannot use multiple personal links provided by different participants. Any invitee can enter the Competition only once by registering via the personal link provided by their friend-participant. A participant can invite up to 50 friends. A participant can get up to 350 points during a competition.
(ii) Inspire your friends to run.
The participants may earn extra points by posting information about their selected Goal, workouts and participation in the Competition using hashtag #runandwin #asicsme #showthemyou on their personal Facebook and/or Instagram profiles. The participants will get 7 points for each post provided that:
● the post’s topic is within the following categories: ‘sport’, ‘participation in a competition’, ‘running’, ‘participation in races’;
● the post contains hashtag #runandwin #asicsme #showthemyou and tags @asicsme (on Instagram);
● the post is published on the participant’s personal social media profile; and
● the social media account privacy settings allow maximum profile visibility to the third parties.
A participant will not get extra points for the same or similar posts published by them on different social media profiles. A participant can get up to 105 points during a calendar month notwithstanding the total number of published posts.
In the event a participant wishes to submit for the posts published in the past month for review, they can contact the Competition moderator with such request and include the links to the posts. The moderator will review and add up to 15 compliant posts towards the participant’s earning of extra points.
(iii) Find your perfect shoes
The participants can visit a Sun & Sand Sports store, get a 3D GAIT running analysis done with ASICS Motion ID, take pictures of the analysis report and upload a copy of the report to their Competition Profile to get 300 extra points. The uploaded photos must clearly show the identification number so that the Competition moderator is able to match the uploaded photo to the participant identity.
A participant can only participate once in this challenge.
(iv) ASICS Shoes Hall of Fame.
The participants can write a story about their ASICS running shoes and upload a photo of these ASICS shoes to their Competition Profile to get 150 extra points. A participant can get points for a written story only once throughout the Duration of Competition. The participants can submit their stories at the Competition Website. The stories will be reviewed within 3 days from the date of the submission. Stories and/or photographs that do not meet this task’s requirements or are incoherent, inappropriate, obscene or otherwise violate general moral norms will not be accepted. A participant can get up to 150 points during a competition.
Additional Challenges include:
1. ‘Run to London and Back’ is an interim challenge that will start on March 1, 2020 and continue until the total number of kilometers tracked in the “Run” or “Running” mode and uploaded by all the participants to their Competition Profiles via Google Fit or Strava application reaches 14,400 km. A participant can upload an unlimited number of workouts per day. Each workout can be uploaded only once. The first male and the first female participants who the most significant amount 14400 kilometers ran as part of this competition will become the winners of this Additional Challenge.
2. The Fastest Runner of the month
‘The Fastest Runner’ is an interim Additional Challenge that occurs monthly starting on the first calendar day of each month and ending on the last day of each month, unless specified otherwise, throughout the Duration of Competition: on February 1, 2020, March 1, 2020 and April 1,2020. The participants do not earn points for this Additional Challenge. Each month the system will automatically generate a rating of all male and all female participants based on the calculated arithmetic mean of the participants' running pace between all the pace results of the workouts measured through the Google Fit or Strava app and uploaded during a given month.
For the purposes of this Additional Challenge, only workouts corresponding to a participant’s selected Goals and only pace data uploaded during a given month will be taken into account. The pace data uploaded in different months shall not be combined.
A participant can become a winner of ‘The Fastest Runner’ Additional Challenge only once. Each month, 2 winners (a man and a woman) per each Goal (a total of 8 winners per month) will be determined based on the automatically generated ratings.
3. The endurance runner of the month
‘The endurance runner’ is an interim Additional Challenge that occurs monthly starting on the first calendar day of each month and ending on the last day of each month, unless specified otherwise, throughout the Duration of Competition: on February 1, 2020, March 1, 2020, April 1, 2020. Each month the system will automatically generate a rating of all male and all female participants based on the total number of kilometers the participants ran based on their uploaded workouts during the given month. Each month, 2 winners (a man and a woman) (a total of 2 winners per month) will be determined based on such automatically generated ratings. A participant can become a winner of ‘The endurance runner’ Additional Challenge only once.
Winners and Prizes
Competition Winners and Prizes
1. A participant can become the winner of the Competition only once. A participant can become a winner of an Additional Challenge only once, unless specified otherwise. A Competition participant can become the winner of each Additional Challenge. The winners will be announced on the Competition Website by May 8, 2020.
2. The Competition prizes include a trip to an ASICS race in Europe and a piece of equipment from ASICS and Sun & Sand Sports. All trips include an economy class round trip and a 3 day stay in a hotel for up to USD 200 per night for the winner only, excluding any third parties. ASICS shall not be responsible for any other expenses associated with the trips, including, without limitation, luggage fees, meals, visas, health and travel insurance costs, additional hotel costs, lodging expenses in Dubai or any other departure city before, during or after the trip, and any other expenses. ASICS shall not (i) reimburse the winners for the airfare or lodging and other expenses that they undertook on their own; (ii) be responsible in any way for the winner’s inability to make the awarded trip for reasons outside of ASICS’ control, including, without limitation, personal schedule constraints, health or financial issues, other personal matters, absence of permission to travel, visa denials and other similar reasons. .
3. The Competition has 3 winning categories (1st, 2nd and 3rd places) in each Goal and 2 winners in each category - man and woman:
a. The 1st place prize in “first 10k” and “fast 10k” Goals is a trip to London, United Kingdom and participation in ASICS London 10K 2020.
b. The 1st place prize in “first 42k” and “fast 42k” Goals is a trip to Moscow, Russia and participation in Moscow Marathon.
c. The 2nd place prize in each of the Goals is ASICS equipment (typically consisting of a pair of running shoes, running top, running shorts/trousers and socks), 10 training sessions with an ASICS FrontRunner team member.
d. The 3rd place prize in each of the Goals is one the most recent model of ASICS shoes, 5 training sessions with an ASICS FrontRunner team member.
4. A Competition participant can become a winner only once.
5. ASICS may in its sole discretion refuse to provide a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under these terms or an entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions, fraud, dishonesty, or other inappropriate or improper conduct including but not limited to the use of technology which enables an entrant to evade entry or Competition requirements.
Additional Challenges Winners and Prizes
6. The winners in ‘Run to London and back’ Additional Challenge will get ASICS shoes. The winners in ‘The Fastest Runner” Additional Challenges will get ASICS TR Core gym sack. The winners in ‘The endurance runner” Additional Challenges will get ASICS TR CORE HOLDALL M. The winners will be announced on the Competition Website within 3 business days after the end of each Additional Challenge. ASICS reserves the right to change the prizes at any time without notice.
Notification and Delivery
7. All winners will be informed of winning via phone and/or email address indicated in their Competition Profiles. The prizes will be delivered to the winners at ASICS expense after May 8, 2020 via postal service to the addresses indicated by the participants by emailing to email@example.com.
8. The participants understand and agree that they are responsible for keeping their contact and address information current. Any re-delivery of the prizes shall be at the winner’s expense.
9. The prizes that include ASICS shoes or equipment are delivered according to the sizing provided by the winners. ASICS shall contact the winners to obtain the sizing information and delivery addresses. No returns or exchanges shall be made if the shoes or equipment delivered according to the provided sizing did not fit.
Exchanging Points for Prizes
10. ASICS formed a rewards pool that does not include the Competition and Additional Challenges prizes, so that the participants could redeem the earned points for such rewards (“Rewards”). The number of Rewards in the pool is limited and ASICS bears no liability to any participant in the event the Rewards are no longer available or have been already distributed to other participants in exchange for points. In such event, the participant will be informed of non-availability of a Reward.
11. The Rewards are equally distributed among the participants in each Goal. If the total number of Rewards is not a multiple of 4, the remaining Rewards may be distributed to the participants in any Goal; provided that all other Rewards have been received in exchange for points.
12. The participants’ requests to redeem the points are considered on a rolling basis. The exchange for points stops once the last Rewards from the pool is given away.
13. A participant can redeem the points earned during the Competition for only one Reward within the pool and only once for the entire Duration of the Competition. A request to redeem the points can be submitted via the participant’s Competition Profile on the Competition Website or via online chat with the Competition moderator. The participants can redeem points until the last day of the Competition; provided that there are available Rewards remaining in the pool by that time.
14. The points redeemed by a participant for a Reward are not excluded from such participant’s rating for the purposes of determining the winners of the Competition. The redeemed points cannot be used for a Reward exchange again.
15. The participants can pick up the Reward at Sun & Sand Dubai Mall store (“Store”). Once the points are redeemed, the participant will receive a letter notifying them that the Reward is ready for pick up at the Store. The participant will be required to show a valid UAE identification when picking up the Reward.
Disqualification of Participants
1. A participant may be disqualified from participation in the Competition or any Additional Challenge for the following reasons:
a. non-compliance with or breach of these terms and conditions;
b. knowingly or unknowingly, submitting false, misleading, inaccurate or incomplete information to ASICS;
c. disrespect towards ASICS, any of its employees, contractors, agents or other representatives;
d. actions aimed at winning a prize by deceit, misleading or fraud;
e. violation of applicable laws and regulations;
f. as may be required by applicable laws and regulations.
2. In the event of a participant’s non-compliance with or breach of these terms and conditions, ASICS shall inform such participants of the violation via email. The participant has the right to provide ASICS with an explanation and/or objections with 5 calendar days from the date of the delivery of the notification.
3. A participant recognized as a winner can be disqualified from the Competition if the grounds for disqualification become known to ASICS within 30 calendar days from the date of date when such participant was determined to be a winner.
A decision whether to disqualify a participant is made based on the facts and circumstances evidencing a grounds for disqualification. The decision on disqualification may be appealed in judicial proceedings in accordance with the applicable law.
1. ASICS may undertake publicity activities relating to the Competition, Additional Challenge and prize awards. Each Competition participant and winner hereby grants and authorizes ASICS to take, copy, display, publish, distribute of make use of their name, photographs,place of residence (if applicable) and scoreboard information in any publicity materials, printed or online.
2. Each Competition participant and winner waives any right to inspect or approve the finished marketing product and holds harmless and releases ASICS from all claims, demands and causes of action which they, their successors, representatives, agents or any other persons acting on their behalf or on behalf of their estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
Limitation of Liability
1. Each Competition participant acknowledges and understanding that each training plan within a Goal is not an educational coaching program and has not been developed based on the unique characteristics of a given participant. The Competition participant confirms that (s)he has undergone a complete medical examination and received an official written opinion on his(her) state of health that allows him to carry out the chosen training plan and/or Goal.
2. Each Goal and training plan have their own degree of complexity. ASICS is not responsible for the participants Goal selection. ASICS shall not be responsible for any personal or bodily injury, deterioration in health caused by or resulting from following any training plan within a Goal.
3. If the Competition participant does not have sufficient knowledge in the field of sports, (s)he is encouraged to seek advice from a professional sports coach and/or consultant at his(her) own expense to acquire knowledge and experience with the goal of preventing sports injuries and other health disorders.
1. In the event that any Competition participant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, ASICS shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such participant, without any further liability to such participant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the participant may be forfeited and ASICS reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the participant. Any participant must comply with any directions given to him or her by ASICS including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulations.
2. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these terms and conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these terms and conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
3. Notwithstanding any provision in these terms and conditions to the contrary, ASICS shall be liable for failure to fulfill its obligations hereunder if such failure is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including actions or failures to act of the other party or any third party whose performance is required for the fulfillment of such obligations, or acts of God, national emergencies, breakdown of or damage to equipment or facilities, work stoppages or other labor difficulties; failure of a supplier to supply necessary materials or equipment in a timely manner, destruction of property, or laws, rules, regulations or other acts of governmental authorities.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org